Would you like to try some green eyeliners? Well, we have some best green eyeliner shades including dark green, forest green, olive green, lime green, mint green as well as glitter and liquid green eye liners. We will also cover something on how to wear green liners and which shades of green will look great on brown, hazel, green and blue eyes.
It is a fact that the black and brown eyeliners are the quite popular one but they are so common. Trying other colored eyeliners and for this case a green one is something worth trying as they are going to give you new alluring looks. As nymag.com says, “the color is dark enough to accentuate your lash line and make your eyes look bigger, but still light enough to make the eyes pop” Why not try it?
- 1 Best green eyeliner color shades
- 2 Other best green eyeliner
- 3 How to wear green eyeliner
- 4 Green eyeliner brown eyes
- 5 Green eyeliner for hazel eyes
- 6 Green eyeliners for green eyes
- 7 Green liner with blue eyes
- 8 Where to buy green eyeliners
Best green eyeliner color shades
If you are convinced enough to try the green liners, together, let us explore some of the popular shades of green and their respective best brands for each color shade. This will ensure you made a great choice while trying green eyeliner makeup looks!
Dark green eyeliner
Dark green shade of eyeliner is a good choice of the green eye liners that will give you subtle looks that can substitute your daily blacks or browns. It will work best for green, blue eyes or even brown eyes. Some of the best dark green eyeliner brands sold in stores that could be liquids, gels or pencils include:
- Prestige Cosmetics Kohl Eyeliner Dark Green
- Dolce & Gabbana Green Almond
- Stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner dark army green
- Bourjois Khol & Contour Eye Pencils Verte Inspire(Dark green)
- Urban Decay Mildew
Forest green eyeliner
The second wonderful shade to try is the forest green. This is liner resembles most of the three as well as other plants you will get in the forest, thus the name and it will compliment most of the eye colors and give subtle looks. Some of the good brands of this eyeliner include:
- stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Forest Green
- NARS Larger than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner Metallic forest green
- Rimmel Special Eye Liner Pencil # 131 Forest Green
- MUA Intense Colour Eyeliner Pencil – Forest Green
- Faces Canada long wear eye pencil Forest Green
- Mary Kay Eyeliner Eye Defining Pencil Forest Green Wood NIP RARE
- Maybelline Vivid & smooth Forest Green Eye liner
- AQUA EYES Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil 20L forest green
Lime green eyeliner
Lime green is another eyeliner shade you cannot afford to miss. It is a bright green shade that closely resembles limes, a kind of citrus fruit. If you are wearing lime green, expect bold and dramatic looks. Some of the good brand of lime green liner you should give a try include:
- NYX Mechanical Eye Pencil, Lime Green
- CoverGirl LiquiLineBlast Eyeliner Pencil in Green Glow – bright lime green
Mint green eyeliner
This color resembles mint green pigment popular in the 1950’s. If you would like to try this eyeliner color, some best brands to buy include:
- NARS Barrow Street Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner
- Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Mint Julep
Best olive green eyeliner
Olive green liners will accentuate your haze and brown eyes. They will also give you looks suitable for your day to day life or combine it “with other natural, earthy tones like warm beige and golds, olive green eyeliner shines and makes eyes sparkle” [makeup.allwomenstalk.com]. You could opt for liquid, pencil, or other forms. Some of the best olive green brands include:
- EYEKO Skinny Liquid Eyeliner olive green
- Korres Eyeliner Pencil Olive Green No.5
- Anything Goes Liquid Liner – Dark Olive Green
- Sante Kajal Eyeliner in Olive Green
- Make Up For Ever #5L
- Urban Decay Stash
- bareMinerals 10AM
These are not the only shades since you can also try neon green, bright green, among many others shades you need to try before you can tell us how they look like. Let us now look at liquid and glitter green liners.
Green liquid eyeliner
Liquid eyeliners are precise i.e. they tend to give neater and sharper looks. They also, stay for longer, give bolder and dark looks and clamp less. Some of the best green liquid eyeliners you should try include:
- stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Dark Arm Green
- Revlon® Colorstay Skinny™ Liquid Liner in Green Spark
- Anything Goes Liquid Liner – Dark Olive Green
- Barry M Liquid Eye Liner Green
- Stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Emerald Green
- Milani Infinite Liquid Eyeliner, Eternal Green
- Wet n Wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner, Turquoise
- Yves Saint Laurent Liquid Eyeliner Moire Green YSL
Green glitter eyeliner
Loaded with light reflecting micro-particles, green glitter eyeliner can help you steal the show during your evening or night even. Some of the best brands you should try include
- Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer Emerald Sparkle
- MAC emerald Bright clean green glitter eyeliner
- Urban Decay Heavy Metal Spandex with Green and Pink Bits
- Barry M Glitter Liquid Eyeliner, 5 – Dark Pink
- Stila Glitter Eye Liner Green Gold 3ml
We only dealt with liquid and glitter green colored liners. You will find other forms of this eyeliner color that will include green eyeliner pencils, creams or gels, cake, or even powdered ones.
Other best green eyeliner
While looking at the various shades as well as liquid and glitter green liners, we mentioned a number good brands. We have decided to list a few more general best green eyeliner brands below to give you a wider range to choose from.
- NYX COSMETICS Studio Liquid Liner Extreme Green
- L’oreal Contour Khol Vert Profond Deep Green
- Milani Liquid Eye Liquid-Like Eye Liner- Green
- Revlon Colorstay One-stroke Defining Eyeliner(Glazed green)
- Lakme Nine To Five Forever Silk Eyeliner – Gypsy Green
- Nyx Slim Eye Pencil in Emerald City
- Lakme Glide-on Eyecolor Smoky Green
- MAC Superslick Liquid Eyeliner Treat Me Nice Emerald
How to wear green eyeliner
To wear green colored eyeliners correctly, consider the looks you want to create i.e. subtle, flirty, dramatic or bold looks as well as your eye color. Here are some of the great looks you can achieve with your green colored eyeliner. Unfortunately, there are no tutorials on how to achieve the looks.
Note: All photos are courtesy of nymag.com’s Eric T. White and they are intended for illustration purposes only.
Using a slight metallic green liner i.e. Tom Ford’s Eye-Defining Pencil in Metallic Moss
Using the slightly glittery Urban Decay’s 24/7 Eyeliner in Mildew to get flirty looks that makes your eyes pop out.
If you want a dramatic look, “try a lighter green shade in the inner corners of the eye (Urban Decay’s 24/7 Eyeliner in Freak) anchored with a darker outer shade, like By Terry’s Khol Terrybly in Emerald Evasion” [nymag.com].
For a subtle, all day look you go for darker shades of green such as Stila’s Jade Eyeliner as a substitute for your brown or black eyeliner you wear daily.
These are just illustrations on how you can wear your green colored eyeliner. What you can achieve with green colored eyeliner depends on your creativity. Let us see now see which shades of green liners you can wear if you have brown, green, hazel or blue eyes.
Green eyeliner brown eyes
Humans have brown eyes that range from dark to medium to light brown with dark brown eyes more dominant. If you have brown eyes, you can go for a wide range of eyeliners including blue, navy blue, pink, gray, black, copper, purple, plum, golden brown, bronze, some green shades among others.
Going to the specific green eye liner shades, the “olive greens are especially flattering” [xojane.com] and they will make your brown eyes tolook great. Try any of the best olive green liners we have mentioned. Other best green eyeliners for brown eyes include:
- CoverGirl LiquiLineBlast Pencil in Green Glow
- Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting – in Jade
- Dolce & Gabbana The Crayon Intense in Green Almond
- Sephora Jumbo Liner 12HR WearWaterproof in Green
- NYX Slim Eye pencil in Emerald City
To get what works best for your brown eyes, play around with the various shades of green to see which will best for you. In most instances, dark and forest green eyeliners work well with brown eyes. However, ensure you stay away from light green shades since they can make your brown eyes to look washed out.
Green eyeliner for hazel eyes
Hazel eyes have colors that shift from brown to green with a few people having blue flecks. When choosing an eyeliner to use, you should consider if your hazel eyes appear brown, green or have a blue tint. Generally, the best colors for hazel eyes include brown, gold, bronze, eggplant, and pink as well some deep and mossy shades of green.
For instance, emerald green eyeliner, a light and bright green shade with some faint blue cast is a good choice of green liner you should give a try if you have hazel eyes i.e. “emerald and gold bring out the green tones in hazel eyes” [allure.com].
Alternatively, you can go for Givenchy Color Kajal Eye Pencil Intense Look in 01 (Vert Invention) which is a “medium warm green with gold shimmer” [mostlysunnyblog.com] or a dark forest green brand such as Yves Saint Laurent Eye Pencil in 5.
Green eyeliners for green eyes
Owing to the fact that you can use the same color of eyeliner for the same eye color, you can opt for green eyeliner for green eyes. However, be very careful on which shades of green you will be using since not all the shades will flatter your green eyes. Stick to dark green shades.
In general, purple, plum, mahogany, bronze, rust, garnet, amethyst, and other shades with reddish undertones will greatly flatter your green eyes.
Green liner with blue eyes
Although blue eyes will look best in eyeliner colors such brown, lavender, taupe, violet, silver, gray, copper, gold, deep blue, among others, you can also use a dark green eye liners especially dark golden green and forest green. Avoid light green shades unless you want to make your blue eyes to look faded.
Where to buy green eyeliners
If you want any of the best brands we have mentioned, it does not really matter whether you are in UK, India, Australia or Philippines. Check in your local drug and beauty store for these products.
Alternatively, you can buy them from the various online stores such as target.com, boots.com, Sephora.com, amazon.com, eBay.com, among others or from their respective manufacturers’ website. However, ensure you know which shade of green you want to try.
Note that green day eyeliner has nothing to do with green colored. It is a trademark eyeliner worn by Armstrong, one of the Green Day band members!
You may also like
- Eyeliner for Green Eyes – Blue, Purple, Green, Brown, Gray Are Colors You Can’t Go Wrong with
- Best Eyeliner for Brown Eyes Including Brown, Blue, Navy, Green and Colored Liner for Brown Eyes
- Most Flattering Eyeliner for Blue Eyes, Purple, Brown, Gray, Green, Metallic and Ideas
- Best Eyeliner for Hazel Eyes, Try Purple, Dark Green, Gold, White, Navy Blue, Avoid Silver
- How to Wear Purple Eyeliner for Brown Eyes, Green, Blue Eyes Liquid or Gel
Our sources and references
- How to Pick the Best Eyeliner for Your Eye Color: http://www.allure.com/makeup-looks/2015/best-eyeliner-for-your-eye-color#slide=13
- I Get That Fun Summer Vibe from Givenchy ColoreCreation! http://mostlysunnyblog.com/2015/02/13/i-get-that-fun-summer-vibe-from-givenchy-colorecreation/
- Green Eyeliner Will Totally Change Your Look: http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/01/4-cool-unusual-ways-to-wear-green-eyeliner.html
- Tips for Wearing Colored Eyeliner without Looking 14: http://www.xojane.com/beauty/tips-for-wearing-colored-eyeliner-without-looking-fourteen
- Olive green eyeliner: http://makeup.allwomenstalk.com/colored-eyeliners-to-wear-this-fall