What are causes of dry skin around nose? Get more insight on cause of dry skin around nose including the one under side of the nose, around mouth, and on nose crease. You will also learn on how to get rid of dry skin around nose.
- 1 What causes dry skin around the nose?
- 1.1 Changes in weather or climatic changes
- 1.2 Lack of essential Vitamin
- 1.3 Cold
- 1.4 Exposure to harsh chemicals and irritants
- 1.5 Dermal problems
- 1.6 Seborrheic dermatitis
- 1.7 Reaction from drugs
- 1.8 Dry heat or warm atmospheric air
- 1.9 Pregnancy
- 1.10 Smoking
- 1.11 Other causes include:
- 1.12 Chamomile tea
- 1.13 Apply some concealer
- 1.14 Use cocoa butter
- 1.15 Apply yogurt therapy
- 1.16 Drink plenty of water
- 1.17 General tips
What causes dry skin around the nose?
To be able to deal with the problem of dry skin around your nose, you need to know the cause of dry skin on nose, which include:
Changes in weather or climatic changes
Cold spell period is usually associated with dry skin around nose in most occasion. Also, even dry weather condition that is usually windy is also a boost to dry skin around nose and other places majorly on the face.
Lack of essential Vitamin
Although, it is a minor cause. Lack of adequate vitamin rich in biotin can result in dry, scaly skin around nose and mouth coupled by other symptoms such as cracked corners of the mouth (cheilitis), hair loss, swollen and sore tongue, declined appetite, depression, and insomnia among others.
Normal cold cannot cause drying of skin around nose, but it only comes in due to continues blowing and use of a handkerchief that stimulates drying as a result of friction or rubbing together with the nose.
Exposure to harsh chemicals and irritants
Dry skin around nose or mouth usually occur due to contact dermatitis. This occurs when skin comes into contact with substances that dry the skin and trigger an irritation response such as certain soaps, fragrance-containing facial products, cosmetics, drying alcohol, etc.
May also be blame for dry skin or flaky or scaly skin around the nose and mouth of a person? For instance, dermal problem like eczema, psoriasis etc. other symptoms such as itching, redness, soreness, scaly patches, and peeling among others.
It is usually characterized by dry, flaky skin that is developing white to yellowish scales; the condition typically affects people with oily skin. It appears when the action of naturally developing yeast on the skin on the excessive skin oil causes an irritation response.
The condition basically causes drying and flaking of the skin under the nose, around the eyelids and eyebrows, and behind the ears but any other part of the face may as well be affected.
Reaction from drugs
Some of the tropical medication could stimulate the cause of dry irritation on nose skin and often flaky skin around the mouth. Acne medications such as tretinoin and antibiotics (e.g. tetracycline) are best examples.
Dry heat or warm atmospheric air
The air conditioning system makes life bearable but staying significant longer time indoors with the heat turned on could ultimately cause dry patches of skin around your nose and other areas of the body.
During this period, there is always some hormonal imbalance in the body thereby causing the skin around nose to be robbed off it oil produced by the glands or the glands producing oil becomes inactive.
Tobacco smoking derive off the skin around nose its moisture leading to peeling and drying off of the skin due excessive heat experienced during smoking.
Other causes include:
- Alcoholism that dehydrates the body.
- Prolonged use of glasses.
- Perioral dermatitis, which is triggered by topical steroids, nasal steroids, cosmetic creams, sunscreen, fluorinated toothpastes, makeup etc.
- Due to nose piercing since it is exposed to harsh cleansers or weather.
- Skin cancer when you are exposed to sun for a longer period.
- Rosacea disease
Red dry skin around nose
When the skin around nose becomes red, it causes a havoc of pain that even spread to the skin around the eyes. Put simply, no one wants to walk around with a blazing red nose when they are not a clown.
There are numerous causes of red dry skin around nose such as:
- Broken capillaries
Dry skin under nose
Some people having dry skin under nose happens to be a chronic condition. Although the reasons that are given can differ much depending on the person. This condition might result to peeling, cracking and reddening of skin in response to exposure to winter weather or frequent use of harsh detergents or soaps.
It is advisable to seek for better medication from a dermatologist or health care provider to determine the cause if it tends to be severe.
Some of the causes included:
- Allergic reactions
- Cosmetic and make ups
- Washing detergent e.t.c
Dry skin on side of nose
This usually occurs due to some skin conditions such as perioral dermatitis and contact dermatitis which typically affects skin around the mouth, chin, nose and eyes.
These types of skin condition are usually associated with older women and partly men in some instances. It is also believed to be stimulated by poor hygiene, certain facial creams and topical creams and ointments.
You may need antibiotics to clear perioral dermatitis if your skin doesn’t respond well to discontinuing the use of facial creams and topical creams or ointments.
Other causes include:
- Vitamin deficiency
- Skin cancer etc.
Dry skin around nose and mouth
This can be a chronic condition to some people and to some it can occur randomly but not that dry. Lip licking and drooling is another cause, since saliva can remove naturally-secreted oils in the mouth area that normally keep it moisturized.
Some of the major causes include:
- Climate changes
- certain medications
- Contact dermatitis
- Perioral dermatitis
- Make ups and cosmetic
- Seborrheic dermatitis
Dry skin around nose crease
It can be either on the whole nose, on the nose tip, or besides the nose, even just near the nose. Also, you can have a dry skin on nose crease, inside your nose especially on nostrils, or on the side of the nose.
Depending on the cause, dry skin around nose crease can be flaky, scaly, peeling or even sore. At times, the redness may occur i.e. you may dry red flaky skin that is around the nose could also be much possible.
How to get rid of dry skin on nose – home cures and general tips
To help deal with your dry nose problem, it may require dealing the underlying problem first. Alternatively, you can try home cures that include
This done by steeping the tea bags in boiling water and the resulting cold tea is compress twice a day to get rid of redness on your nose.
Apply some concealer
It is used to camouflages the skin discoloration. The best concealer to use is one that matches your skin tone.
Use cocoa butter
It is used to correct dry skin conditions and promotes speedy healing of chapped lips. It is effective on the skin, including your lips.
Apply yogurt therapy
Since it is a natural moisturizer, apply yogurt on the affected area and it will penetrate the pores to smoothen the skin effectively.
Drink plenty of water
It is advisable to drink adequate water to clean your system and improves the moisture level on your skin keeping it supple and healthy. It is the most reliable treatment for dry skin.
- Always have enough sleep that is about 7 hours per day.
- Moisturize your lips using natural lip balm.
- Use a moisturizing sunscreen as a protective gear against the effects of the sun.
- Exfoliating removes dead cells from your skin’s surface.
- Apply a topical cream on affected area.
You may also like
- How to Get Rid of Dry Skin – 7 Tips to Face Up To Dry Skin
- Dry Skin on Legs, Itchy, Scaly, Extremely Dry, on Knees and Lower Legs
- Dry Skin around Eyes Causes, Remedies, Treatments for Very Dry, Red, Sore, Itchy Skin near Eyes
- Dry Skin around Mouth and Nose, Causes, Symptoms, Flaky Treatments and Natural Remedies
- Dry Skin Treatment at Home, during Menopause, Pregnancy, on Beard and Due to Eczema Cause
- Dry Skin Rash Causes, During Pregnancy, on Armpits, Legs, Baby, Nose, Eyes, Breast, Genital, Pictures and Treatment
- Causes of Dry Skin Around the Nose and Great Ways to Fix It: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/dry-skin-around-nose.html
- Dry Flaky Skin Around Nose & Corners of Mouth: http://www.livestrong.com/article/272601-dry-flaky-skin-around-nose-corners-of-mouth/
- Redness around Nose Causes, Get Rid of Red Skin around Nose, Best Concealers to Hide Nose Redness: http://www.getbestadvice.com/health/nose/redness-around-nose-causes-get-rid-of-red-skin-around-nose-best-concealers-to-hide-nose-redness/
- Doctor insights on: Dry Skin Nose Crease: https://www.healthtap.com/topics/dry-skin-nose-creas
- How to Get Rid of Dry Skin Under Your Nose: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Dry-Skin-Under-Your-Nose